Exercise Induced Asthma – Athletes
Exercise-Induced Asthma or Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction (EIB) but allergic rhinitis and its effects on athletes, sinus disease and its effects on athletes, exercise-induced anaphylaxis, and other allergy conditions
Asthma Diagnosis and Treatment for Athletes
We provide diagnoses and treatment for recreational and elite athletes, both children and adults. Many of these athletes may suffer from a variety of allergic conditions that may affect their performance, including:
- Exercise-induced asthma/exercise-induced bronchoconstriction
- Allergic rhinitis (nasal allergies)
- Sinus disease
- Exercise-induced anaphylaxis
- Chronic bronchitis and COPD
- Food allergies
The William Storms Allergy Clinic provides specific tests to make the diagnosis and provide proper treatment so that the athlete can have improved performance. Learn more about our Asthma Center for Athletes Here.
We have certain special tests that are not available anywhere else in Southern Colorado, including:
- EVH (eucapnic voluntary hyperpnea) test for exercise-induced bronchoconstriction
- Mannitol inhalation test for exercise-induced bronchoconstriction
- Low radiation in-office sinus CT for diagnosis of sinus disease
And many other tests, which can help athletes at any level.